The NJICL is a tax-exempt public charity under IRC 501(c)(3); our tax identification number is 13-4234305
The New Jersey Interscholastic Cycling Association is changing lives for the better every day. We are positively impacting communities by providing a high-quality, safe and fun interscholastic mountain bike program based on the principles of strong body, strong mind and strong character with an unwavering focus on inclusivity and equality in everything we do.
Our program thrives thanks to the support of our sponsors, supporters and donors. The core elements of our league (riding together in a six month long season, race series) are sustained through participant registrations, but all supporting programs exist through the generosity of our community.
Your support enables us to:
- Provide a robust scholarship program – we are breaking down the barriers of entry into cycling. To date we have invested over $50,000 in scholarship awards!
- Maintain an amazing fleet of loaner bikes. To date we have issued nearly 200 loaner bikes, prioritizing students with financial need.
- Provide non-competitive activities throughout the season through our Adventure Program. Approximately 80% of our students compete in at least one race per year, and at any given race around 60% participate. NJ NICA is more than racing though, and adventure activities provide more value to those students who choose not to compete.
- Support New Jersey Trails. Through our partnership with the Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association (JORBA) and our Teen Trail Corps (TTC) initiative, we are instilling a sense of responsibility and stewardship in our community. As of April 2023, NJ NICA folks have donated over 3,000 hours of Teen Trail Corps work directly to NJ trails! This equates to a nearly $100,000 value to our state!
- Support the Girls Riding Together (GRiT) Program, a nationwide NICA initiative to recruit and retain girls. Cycling’s demographics are changing for the better thanks to our efforts!
- Provide fun and exciting activities throughout the year; skills zones at events and clinics, overnight camps, outreach / “try mountain biking” events, and so much more!
Thank you to our local and national sponsors for believing in our vision and supporting New Jersey’s #mountainbikerevolution: